1. The bedtime routines go completely out of the window.
2. It’s totally acceptable for your kids to run around barefoot 99% of the time that you are away.
3. Healthy eating options are just not a choice at the full board buffet.
4. You find sand in places that you didn’t even knew you had and it will be a THING for weeks even after you return home.
5. The preplanned outfit choices that you packed before you left are a thing of the past. Your kids are wearing any random items together whilst they happily dig holes in the dirt with a stick.
6. You WILL be forced to get up on the dance floor every evening to do some dodgy holiday club dance routine that involves you looking like a complete an utter twat.
7. You end up creating your very own little community with your new neighbours.
8. Kids that you’ve never seen before descend upon your accommodation. You end up feeding and playing with all of them because these are your own kids ‘new best friends’.
9. You pack way too much because the British weather is so unpredictable and you want to be prepared so your car ends up looking like the Amazon delivery van.
10. You’re almost tearful as your packing up to leave because despite screaming at your kids at some stage, being shattered by the late nights and early mornings and the dodgy weather, you’ve actually had an amazing time, you’ve watched your children live their best lives and made more magical memories with them during their childhood.
What things go out of the window when you’re on a UK break?